Why is it every time the phone rings, I become magnetized and my children are the magnets, following me while screaming "I talk," "Is it for me?" "I hold it," etc., grabbing for the phone and crying when they're not allowed to talk on the phone because it's someone important for their Dad. The kids are usually playing all over the house but as soon as they hear that b-rrrrring, there they are! So I run around the house, trying to find a quiet spot and hide in the bathroom but the crying and door pounding echoes too much. Out of desperation, I once again say "hold on, I still can't hear you," sneak into my closet and stand behind my dresses where the clothes slightly insulate the mayhem outside only to find the person has hung up because she hasn't heard a word I've said the entire phone call.
Maybe we should study this phenomenon because I have heard that I'm not the only mom who has experienced it. We'll call it phone magnet syndrome and develop some sort of pharmaceutical solution and make millions! Hee! Hee!
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
My Blogging Friends.
-
-
-
For work12 years ago
-
-
I have a Blog?15 years ago
-
-
Howdy, and Stuff12 years ago
-
-
-
Swiss Halloween13 years ago
-
Fire Swamp Parenting13 years ago
-
-
Slow and Steady12 years ago
-
Funny little...13 years ago
-
Cross Country Skiing14 years ago
-
Lincoln Dennis Black14 years ago
-
-
-
-
Jan 2314 years ago
-
-
-
Bobcat Badge!!!12 years ago
-
-
-
Grandma's 80th Surprise Birthday Party12 years ago
-
Issue 24113 years ago
-
Eden's mini photo shoot15 years ago
-
Snow play at preschool17 years ago
-
-
I Promise...14 years ago
-
easter 201313 years ago
-
Kalaupapa18 years ago
-
St. Louis15 years ago



1 comment:
I have the same syndrome! I even have it in reverse. When the kids are all busy somewhere and I think "Great! The coast is clear-I will call so and so..." I pick up the phone and whoosh, they all come running and want me to talk to them about the science project we finished a month ago or the cool thing they saw outside three weeks before last Christmas...weird I tell you!
Post a Comment