On Sunday, Paul elected not to go to church since he is still sick so I ended up taking all the kids by myself, which was perfectly fine. . .they are pretty good at church these days, thank goodness. But I was definitely not thinking about my appearance as I tried to remember everything I needed to take with me to church and things I needed to do while at the church (I had to get all the invites out for the high priest party, have people sign up for food, prepare and organize a food storage delivery from our Bishop's storehouse and remember the check to pay for it, talk to the primary presidency about a song they need to learn for Christmas and, of course, run choir practice. I did forget to pay tithing although I took the check to church.) Needless to say, I really didn't pay attention to myself that morning. So. . . we arrived at church and sat through sacrament meeting. As I was about to take the kids to their various classes, my friend Tammy tapped me on the shoulder and said, "I think your sweater's on inside out." She lifted up my hair to see the tag and started laughing, "Yes, it definitely is."
1. I'm so glad she told me. She's a true friend. Can you imagine if I had continued to wear it inside out the rest of the day?
2. I wonder who else was watching me and thinking I must be such an idiot. Oh well, not much I can do about it now!
3. It's a good thing I'm not vain (since I have no reason to be) or this event would have been much more embarrassing. After all, I do dumb stuff like this all the time. One day I went to gymnastics wearing two different shoes. Typical! To my credit, at least they were both brown clogs.
4. One of the reasons I'm a generally happy person is that I rarely look in the mirror. However, I might want to do a quick check on Sunday morning to avoid future wardrobe malfunctions.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
My Blogging Friends.
-
-
-
For work12 years ago
-
-
I have a Blog?15 years ago
-
-
Howdy, and Stuff12 years ago
-
-
-
Swiss Halloween13 years ago
-
Fire Swamp Parenting13 years ago
-
-
Slow and Steady12 years ago
-
Funny little...13 years ago
-
Cross Country Skiing14 years ago
-
Lincoln Dennis Black14 years ago
-
-
-
-
Jan 2314 years ago
-
-
-
Bobcat Badge!!!12 years ago
-
-
-
Grandma's 80th Surprise Birthday Party12 years ago
-
Issue 24113 years ago
-
Eden's mini photo shoot15 years ago
-
Snow play at preschool17 years ago
-
-
I Promise...14 years ago
-
easter 201313 years ago
-
Kalaupapa18 years ago
-
St. Louis15 years ago



1 comment:
About two weeks ago I was taking Nathan to Shoprite so he could help me shop. I got the kids dressed, in car seats, got all my coupons organized and went to pick him up.
I was wearing my slippers still. Did I mention one belongs to Donald and is light brown and three sizes to big? The other one is mine and is black and furry. Seriously, I wonder sometimes why I bother at all. At least I could wear Jessica's shoes instead.
The question still remains though - where is my other black slipper?
Post a Comment