Tuesday, December 30, 2008

What happened to the moon?

Caitlin and Courtney were outside on the deck last night looking at the crescent moon when they ran in with worried expressions and we had the following conversation:

Courtney and Caitlin: "Mommy, the moon is broken!"
Me: "What?"
Courtney: "Yeah, Mommy, it's broken. A piece of it fell into the river."
Me: "What is it supposed to look like?"
Courtney: "Round. . . like a circle." (With the "Duh, Mom!" tone of voice I sometimes hear from Rachel)

I love Courtney's explanation of where the rest of the moon went. I also think it's interesting that the twins have never noticed the changing shapes of the moon before. Now, that I think about it, I do often point out a full moon to the kids but don't ever mention it otherwise so it might be my fault.

1 comment:

Flying Princess said...

I always point out the cheshire cat moon, but the kids never saw Alice in Wonderland so they don't get it. Now they just call it the kitty cat moon.

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones