Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Holiday quotes of the day

I love the way Spencer thinks. Today he observed the following:

"Mom, there are so many holidays in December. There's Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and Christmas. Do we celebrate all of them?"

I answered, "No, son. Hanukkah is a Jewish holiday for people who are Jewish and Kwanzaa is celebrated by African Americans celebrating their African heritage. We only celebrate Christmas in our family."

Spencer said, "But we should celebrate all of them. That way Dad would have tons of days off from work!"

Duh, why didn't I think of that? I think Paul should be very politically correct and celebrate all religious/cultural holidays in December. Then he really wouldn't have to work much at all this month.

Courtney also said something cute today. Spencer has a nutcracker with dark skin that he loves. He got it when Nutcracker Barbie was first out--it was the only movie he would actually sit and watch when he was really little because he loved the sword-carrying nutcracker who saves the day. Someday we might have to tease him about that. Anyway, when Courtney was looking at the Nutcracker today, she said, "Can I have the Nutcracker's chocolate cupcake head? It has chocolate hair. Yummy!" I'm sure the wood would have been very delicious, wouldn't you agree?

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Adorable! I love how the minds of little ones work. It really makes you stop and think.

Marianne

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones