Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Overload

I am so frustrated! After I spent three days calling about my missing Christmas cards, Walgreens essentially cancelled my Snapfish Christmas card order because of "technical difficulties." They did give me a 20% discount to make them at their store on their machine which was an excellent price. So I dragged the twins there to make the card, waited in line for at least a half an hour to use one of the two photo machines but they didn't have the card that I wanted or any card that I liked for that matter. The one from Snapfish was selected after much deliberation and looking at muliple sites because it looked the best with my photo. Not so with Walgreens. The choices were very limited. The twins were restless and beginning to touch things and climb out of the shopping cart and people were behind me in line looking as harried as I felt. So after waiting that long, I went ahead and picked the card that was sort-of-okay, I guess--you get the idea--cropped the picture and ordered the card. Well, I must not have saved my photo edit or something because when I got the cards, the picture wasn't cropped the right way! *#$*^*%!!! (*Insert your own LDS-approved curse word, i.e. snap, fetch, flip, etc.) But on the bright side, I stayed up late last night stuffing the envelopes and got them to the post office today.

I turned off the alarm this morning and slept until 7:10 a.m. OOPS! I must have been tired because I never get up that late. Rachel has to be at the bus stop by around 7:18. Guess what, she got ready, ate breakfast and we made it to the bus stop just in time for the bus to arrive. Normally it takes her a good hour to get ready so I hope this is a lesson to her that she can get ready quickly.

I must be having a bad day because I was leisurely getting the twins ready for school when suddenly I remembered at 8:38 (school starts at 9) that today is their school party and I had to send in two dozen cookies. I couldn't buy them because they have a peanut allergy in the class and almost every cookie at the store has been prepared where there are peanuts. Thank goodness for food storage! I got out an orange cake mix, (I checked the label about peanuts: okay!) some chocolate chips and had cookies made by 9:00. We were about five minutes late to school but I was there with warm cookies!

So despite all the chaos, it appeared like I was all together when I was really losing my mind. It's Christmas time and there's just so many things to think about and my mind is on overload and is about to blow any minute!

1 comment:

boys in the hood said...

Kerri, I wish you would have called me with your card issue...I could of totally made one for you and uploaded it to walmart for you to pick up...oh well, there is always next year, right? Lucky! I love snow days...the pictures of your kids are so fun, Taylor would be WAY jealous!

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones