Thursday, December 11, 2008

Highlights from the past few days

I know it's taken me forever to post but it's been a crazy few days. I am really missing my broken :( camera so I could illustrate things a little bit better. A few highlights:

1. Katherine came to visit from Brazil for five fun days--it was great to see her, hang out with her, "pun"ish her, enjoy her "pun"ch lines, make her watch a movie with a character that had an Irish accent (she doesn't like them), eat Panetone (a traditional Christmas bread from Brazil that looks like fruit cake but actually tastes YUMMY,) see her cute kids, watch her clean to help me get ready for our high priest party (something she's sort of unfamiliar with lately as she has a maid that even irons underwear,) and enjoy Panera Bread with her twice!

2. We went to a wedding reception on Friday night. Paul and I had a great time dancing with each other. I even led a congo line. I was definitely the oldest person doing the cha-cha slide. If there's dancing at a wedding, I'm there and Paul's right with me, aside from the cha-cha slide. Brittney and Adam were cute together, lots of pda, which I love at a wedding.

3. Saturday was our high priest party. Lots of drama ensued during the preparations but once all the cooking and cleaning was done, it was a fun night. The highlight of the evening, aside from hanging with our friends and stuffing ourselves with good food, was the story Rob Morisie shared during the game "Two lies and a truth." He told us he helped at his uncle's alpaca farm for a month when he was sixteen. During the game, after three people have told their stories, you can interrogate them to determine who's actually telling the truth. The more questions we asked Rob, the funnier his answers got. For example, after being asked what you call a herd of alpacas, he said, "a clutch." He also answered that the location of the alpaca farm was in Cedar City, New Mexico. For those of you who don't know Rob, he is a retired New York City Fire Fighter with the accent to go with it and I'm quite sure he's never lived or stayed in New Mexico and didn't realize Cedar City is in Utah. We laughed until our sides hurt as he embellished his story until it really was one whopper of a tall tale. I told him I'm going to call him Al from now on.

4. Saturday night we had a beautiful dusting of snow which made everything look magical! It's gone with the pouring rain we are experiencing at the moment but it might snow tonight.

5. Today is Rachel's 11th birthday so I need to make the cake, hang up a birthday banner (yes, Mom, the tradition continues) and wrap her presents. It should be a good day for her even though she has two tests, a very long chorus concert rehearsal and basketball practice after school.

1 comment:

Flying Princess said...

I liked all that, too.

And Uncle Chaahlee fed straw and apples to his clutch before he shaved them and ate them.

Thanks for letting me come have so much fun! And I owe you two Panera lunches. ;)

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones