Last night while reading to Spencer at bedtime, I had a sweet experience. He asked me "Why is Jesus called the Savior?" and we talked about the atonement. Then he asked about the "different heavens," and we discussed the plan of salvation and the degrees of glory. Then he said, "Mom, I want to pray all night like Enos. Can you help me? I don't think I can think of that many things to say." So we began praying together with me prompting him about things he was thankful for. After about five minutes, he stopped praying and began breathing deeply and I realized he was asleep. It was one of those moments I'll always cherish. Glimpses of the spiritual potential of my children motivate me to keep going with scripture study, prayers and family home evening because I know it can make a difference even though it is hard and at times seems like it's not working. I am so grateful that I gave in to Spencer when he begged me for "just one more story" last night. Otherwise, it would have never happened.
Quote of the day:While putting laundry away, I caught Spencer and the twins eating candy out of a very heavy ceramic bowl which was on the top of the fridge last time I saw it.
Me: "Who got that bowl of candy down? That's not your candy."
Spencer: "Someone very strong." (admitting he did it without saying so directly)
No comments:
Post a Comment