Happy New Year! It has been such a great holiday season for us, especially because Paul has been home with us for the holidays. I love having him around. He cooks meals, entertains the children, keeps me sane, and understands my mommy world a little better when he's living it with me.
The past week, I have been reflecting on how blessed I have been in my life. I have had a very happy life so far. First, I'm so glad I found my sweetheart at such a young age--I didn't have to endure the endless dating and disappointment of single life for very long. To have the gospel which means everything to me. . .to have four sweet children. . . a beautiful home. . . great friends. . . the best parents in the world. . .it really is a wonderful life!
We are beginning the new year by getting organized. I took down all the Christmas decorations today and put them back in the attic. It really makes me feel better when it's all gone--things seem so much cleaner and less cluttered. Paul got the entire 12 foot tree down by himself (quite a task) except for the bottom two pieces. They won't come apart! We WD40'd them, twisted, pulled, you name it. . .but they're still sitting in my family room, stuck together. They won't fit in any box if we can't take them apart! Now Paul's heading back to work tomorrow and I'm afraid the bottom of the tree will sit there for a month. Out of desperation will come inspiration. I will get that tree out of my family room by tomorrow!
I also FINALLY organized all of the twins' and Spencer's too small clothes by size and put them in the attic. While doing that, I found Rachel's 2T summer clothes. I looked for them in the attic all summer to no avail! They were stashed in the twins' closet under a bunch of blankets. Now the girls will never get to wear them and they were so cute! Oh well. . . Courtney might still fit into size 2 next summer because she's so tiny. But Caitlin definitely won't! That's the price I pay for having horribly messy closets (which they won't be if I complete my New Year's Resolutions.)
I also finally decided to get rid of all the clothes I might fit into when I lose weight and the clothes that are terribly out of style (a.k.a. dreadful floral or polyester numbers.) It's not that I'm giving up on the idea of losing weight. It's just that I think I'll buy myself new clothes if I do shed some pounds.
Anyway, while I was doing all this stuff upstairs, the kids were downstairs, trashing the place. Oh well! At least I accomplished something meaningful today!
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
My Blogging Friends.
-
-
-
For work12 years ago
-
-
I have a Blog?15 years ago
-
-
Howdy, and Stuff12 years ago
-
-
-
Swiss Halloween13 years ago
-
Fire Swamp Parenting13 years ago
-
-
Slow and Steady12 years ago
-
Funny little...13 years ago
-
Cross Country Skiing14 years ago
-
Lincoln Dennis Black14 years ago
-
-
-
-
Jan 2314 years ago
-
-
-
Bobcat Badge!!!12 years ago
-
-
-
Grandma's 80th Surprise Birthday Party12 years ago
-
Issue 24113 years ago
-
Eden's mini photo shoot15 years ago
-
Snow play at preschool17 years ago
-
-
I Promise...14 years ago
-
easter 201313 years ago
-
Kalaupapa18 years ago
-
St. Louis15 years ago



1 comment:
Good job! I think getting the Christmas things put away is so much harder than getting them out. I always feel so good when it is all put away though.
Post a Comment