Thursday, January 24, 2008

I am a homebody!

Spencer will not wear long-sleeved shirts. He doesn't like them and will only wear a short sleeve shirt with a zip-up hoodie. I don't get it! He tells me he's hot otherwise. I would be freezing if it were me!

Things here are good. The girls woke up yesterday and complained of stomach aches. After a couple of hours, they were acting completely normal. Yesterday afternoon, the kids made a jungle out of all the plants and trees in the house and put on lion costumes. It was fun watching them play a game I used to play when I was a kid. I loved pretending I was in the jungle while in the midst of my mom's houseplants. It seemed so magical to me and the kids love it as well.

I am such a homebody these days. I feel like I never leave the house except to take the kids to and from school and their activities. I guess it's just winter and it gets a little old being in the house.

Speaking of being homebodies, we aren't doing anything today--just going to pre-school and the bus stop. But I did can 25 lbs. of hot chocolate and 25 lbs. of sugar so I accomplished something worthwhile. I still have dried apples to can but no more cans. I do have some pouches so I'll seal the rest of the stuff in mylar bags. I've been buying extra cans off of people but I think I've reached the end of the extra cans. At least I got most of it done!

3 comments:

boys in the hood said...

Sounds like your kids have a lot of fun using their imaginations. I think Spencer is just like every other boy I know, Taylor is the same way! So let them freeze and eventually they will put a coat on, right?!

Flying Princess said...

My boy will complain if I tell him to wear anything but his sandals (where'd he get that from), shorts and RED t-shirt. Luckilly, I found a red sweatshirt, but otherwise he would rather freeze. I think he may have a legitimate complaint because he is always sweaty anyway.

And, I cannot relate to that canning stuff at all. Or that houseplant thing- mine all die. It would be like playing jungle during a drought. Not so much fun.

You are so much better than me in so many ways. You make me better, too, just by knowing you.

Anonymous said...

I love the purple color scheme! So pretty and nice - just caught up my blog for the last three days.

FYI - Sandra used all 50 cans so she doesn't have any extra for you.

Come to storytime, that is currently the only plan I have to leave my house this week...

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones