Thursday, January 10, 2008

Why God Made Moms, Madsen Style

I thought it would be fun to ask my two oldest kids the same questions in the previous blog.

Here are their answers. FYI: Rachel's 10, Spencer's 5.

Why did God make mothers?
Rachel: So we could have someone to help us, love us and give us life.
Spencer: So the kids could be born in her body.

How did God make mothers?
Rachel: The same way he made me.
Spencer: I don't know. I really, really don't know.

What ingredients are mothers made of?
Rachel: Sugar and spice and everything nice.
Spencer: I don't know.

Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom?
Rachel: Because she's the best mom ever and she loves me and she has the same hair and eye color as me.
Spencer: So I could live not alone.

What kind of little girl was your mom?
Rachel: A big sister who was really nice.
Spencer: She was Kerri Black Madsen. She had glasses and black hair.

What did mom need to know about dad before she married him?
Rachel: That he was a returned missionary, he was completely in love with her and he would take care of her forever.
Spencer: He's allergic to cats so you won't get a cat.

Why did your mom marry your dad?
Rachel: Because they were completely in love.
Spencer: So she could have a house, money and a job.

Who's the boss at your house?
Rachel: Mom during the day and Mom and Dad at night.
Spencer: Dad. He's always the boss because he's the most serious guy in the world.

What's the difference between moms & dads?
Rachel: Moms are home most of the time, Dads are usually at work.
Spencer: Daddy has brown and Mom has blond hair.

What does your mom do in her spare time?
Rachel: Write in her blog.
Spencer: What? Scarytime? (after explanation of spare time the answer is. . . ) Playing with her son.

What would it take to make your mom perfect?
Rachel: Nothing. She already is.
Spencer: More pretty and fun and ticklish.

If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?
Rachel: She would let me get my ears pierced.
Spencer: I'll give her 2000 jewels.

2 comments:

Flying Princess said...

That gives me a great idea. Your kids can form coherent sentences, but what will my little girl say? Or better yet, can I even understand what she is saying?

Your kids are so smart and clever and sweet. I miss playing at your house ALL DAY.

boys in the hood said...

I love their answers Kerri...Rachel is so grown up, and Spencer is just a hoot! I think I might have to ask Taylor the same questions.

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones