Monday, October 22, 2007

I'm a Soccer Mom!

Defense! Defense! Defense!
On a break


In action


The dreaded Goalie Job!


Am I the only one who freaks out when their kids play goalie? Every time the ball gets near the goal box, I am praying someone boots it way down field so they don't have to be the ones to grab it or miss it. I have seen one too many crushed and crying goal tenders when they've allowed a goal. Like all Moms, I can't stand to see my kids feel sad. Rachel's soccer coach is an awesome coach. When someone makes a goal, they get put on defense or play goalie so other kids have a chance to score. So when Rachel made her goal on Saturday and the coach asked her to play goalie, she agreed, much to my dismay. I can't tell you the anxiety I experienced the entire time she was in the goal box. Thank heaven, she only had one shot on goal and was able to catch it and drop kick it down the field. Only when she moved to a different position could I breathe easily! Aside from the goalie bit, I enjoyed the game immensely. Plus afterward, I took Rachel out to lunch for a mommy daughter date. We had a great time!

No comments:

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones