Saturday, October 6, 2007

Saturday is a Special Day. . .

Sometimes I really feel like I need to be more organized. Today was one of those days. The morning started out well. I woke up early but stayed in bed and read for a while (mistake) while P fed the twins breakfast. But by the time I got up because R needed me to clean up the dog mess from her bedroom, things weren't running as they should. S didn't want to go to his soccer game and claimed to have a stomach ache (he was very pale and lethargic so we think it was real.) Everyone needed a shower or bath and the two oldest kids had soccer pictures this morning. Bathing was going well until. . .we couldn't find R's black shorts anywhere and nothing else would do. We searched everywhere--dirty clothes, clean clothes, drawers, closets, even S's drawers in case I put them in the wrong drawer--to no avail. It was only when I looked at the clock and discovered it was 10:20 a.m. (the time of her picture) that she agreed to wear something else. So she threw on her black sport pants and I dropped everything and ran her over to the field. Luckily, the photographers were running a little behind and R barely made it in time for her team picture. However, I didn't have the order form and check with me or a water bottle for her game. So I got a form from the photographers, filled it out, watched R get her picture, made sure she was on the field and ready for her game and ran home for a water bottle and the twins. When I got back, I had missed R's goal--it was the first of the game. Bummer! She is really doing well this year. She has made a goal in every game (sorry, don't mean to brag. . . okay, maybe I do.)

Then we were on to S's game. About three quarters of the way through, he decided he was bored and refused to play anymore. His attention span just doesn't last through an entire game. Maybe next year! I'm just happy when he kicks the ball at all, especially if it's going in the right direction.

Conference has been great today. I enjoyed it immensely with the exception of the wild and crying children, the fighting that happened sporadically and the dog nipping everyone including me because we're not playing with her enough. But I do love listening and can't wait until tomorrow. I'm so glad we have BYUTV and can watch it at home.

Well, I should go clean up the conference mess in the family room so it looks a little better for tomorrow. Because, after all, Saturday is a special day, it's the day we get ready for Sunday!

No comments:

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones