Why do children like to take off their clothes? Dressing and re-dressing the kids is a major part of my life lately. I had quite a time getting Courtney dressed this morning because she didn't want to wear warm clothes. It has been unseasonably warm the entire fall so the kids are used to wearing summer dresses and shorts. However, today is chilly and the wind is blowing 35 miles per hour so maybe the fall has finally arrived.
The kids have to be dressed warmly because I'm taking them to the pumpkin patch with Spencer's pre-school class this afternoon. I will definitely be the only parent taking more than just the pre-schooler but I don't know what else to do. I have no daytime babysitters. The field trip was scheduled for yesterday but we had massive downpours so they postponed it until today. Yesterday, Paul was planning to come home for a couple of hours, put the twins down for their nap and work while I took Spencer to the farm but today he has an all day meeting and can't get away. Hopefully, I'll manage.
Anyway, back to the clothes issue. Because Courtney was mad about being forced into her clothes, as soon as we got home from our errands this morning, she immediately stripped. I forced her to put on a diaper but anything else I put on, she takes off! It's a losing battle so after about 20 attempts, I've given up until we need to leave. Now Caitlin has taken off her overalls and they're both running around with practically nothing on! I really don't get it! Don't they feel the cold? Brrrrr!
The kids have to be dressed warmly because I'm taking them to the pumpkin patch with Spencer's pre-school class this afternoon. I will definitely be the only parent taking more than just the pre-schooler but I don't know what else to do. I have no daytime babysitters. The field trip was scheduled for yesterday but we had massive downpours so they postponed it until today. Yesterday, Paul was planning to come home for a couple of hours, put the twins down for their nap and work while I took Spencer to the farm but today he has an all day meeting and can't get away. Hopefully, I'll manage.
Anyway, back to the clothes issue. Because Courtney was mad about being forced into her clothes, as soon as we got home from our errands this morning, she immediately stripped. I forced her to put on a diaper but anything else I put on, she takes off! It's a losing battle so after about 20 attempts, I've given up until we need to leave. Now Caitlin has taken off her overalls and they're both running around with practically nothing on! I really don't get it! Don't they feel the cold? Brrrrr!



No comments:
Post a Comment