There are four cures I employ to heal my children from their injuries. I believe they're all a part of the Mommy Bag of Tricks but in case you haven't heard of them, I thought I'd enlighten all of you. Sometimes I just use one treatment, often I use all four together.
The first and often most effective healing balm in the world is the "Mommy Kiss." We've all said it, "Do you want Mommy to kiss it better?" Something in that pucker has healing powers. Almost immediately, the child is smiling and ready to play once again.
The second cure I must confess I use is one of the best healers and placebos in the world. I'm not kidding. . .it works wonders for a whole spectrum of injuries from nasty bleeding cuts to the most insignificant and invisible scratches. In fact, I use it almost daily. Every time someone has an owie or falls down, out come the band-aids. Suddenly, with a band-aid and a kiss, my children are all better! And if it's a decorated band-aid, the abrasion heals even faster! The inventor of this miraculous cure to boo-boos everywhere deserves my undying gratitude.
I also employ another simple but amazingly effective technique which has excellent healing power. It's a mantra entitled "Chill, Kerri, Chill." Even though I may be cringing, disgusted and horrified by the site of some of the kids' cuts and scrapes, I repeat in my mind over and over, "Chill, Kerri, Chill." The calmer I remain, the sooner the kids recover. Usually it's after they're better and running around that I begin to shake in a delayed reaction to the adrenaline rush I have been controlling during the crisis.
Finally, the fourth cure works very well. It's what I call "The Question." I simply remain calm, kiss and bandage the child and ask, "Do you want to stay here and lay down for a while or do you want to play some more?" Suddenly, the kid jumps up and resumes playing. Another miracle!
Cute quote from yesterday:
Rachel was explaining the things Spencer would do in kindergarten next year.
Rachel: "And you'll get to go to gym. That's really fun!"
Spencer: "Who's Gym?"
My Blogging Friends.
-
-
-
For work12 years ago
-
-
I have a Blog?15 years ago
-
-
Howdy, and Stuff12 years ago
-
-
-
Swiss Halloween13 years ago
-
Fire Swamp Parenting13 years ago
-
-
Slow and Steady12 years ago
-
Funny little...13 years ago
-
Cross Country Skiing14 years ago
-
Lincoln Dennis Black14 years ago
-
-
-
-
Jan 2314 years ago
-
-
-
Bobcat Badge!!!12 years ago
-
-
-
Grandma's 80th Surprise Birthday Party12 years ago
-
Issue 24113 years ago
-
Eden's mini photo shoot15 years ago
-
Snow play at preschool17 years ago
-
-
I Promise...14 years ago
-
easter 201313 years ago
-
Kalaupapa18 years ago
-
St. Louis15 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment