Friday, October 19, 2007

Why Worry? It Works Out Eventually!

I love President Hinckley's statement that "it will all work out!" When Paul had his kidney transplant, I kept that quote on my door so everytime I went into the garage, I had a reminder. It's been over a year and all is still well--the kidney's working perfectly. It doesn't mean that we won't face challenges but that eventually they do work out so it's good to be optimistic rather than gloomy. I have to keep telling myself this because I tend to be a worrywart.

Once again, I have discovered that it does all work out! I've been anxious for more than a year because Spencer demonstrated no interest in learning letters. However, I kept talking about them, reading books about them, and conducting learning activities usually with negative responses like "I don't like letters," or "No thank you," etc. But all of that has changed! Suddenly, Spencer knows all his letters and wants to know what sounds they make. Every time he sees a sign, he reads off the letters. It's so exciting to me!

All the things I fret about with Spencer seem to resolve themselves over time. I remember being so concerned that poddy training would never end, but he got it. I also recall worrying because he wouldn't give up the binky but all of the sudden, he didn't want it anymore. Remember my challenges with his bad attitude about attending church? On Sunday, he got dressed in a big hurry and said, "I love church," and got in the car before anyone else and waited with happy anticipation. Only when we arrived did I notice he didn't have his hair combed and had to wet it down at the drinking fountain.

So now that I have just caught Courtney cutting Caitlin's hair, I will remember that even though it looks awful right now, it will work out or at least grow out eventually!

2 comments:

anissa said...

Ok - so I am a little behind on email. I just noticed this one from you...

I really enjoyed reading your blog and maybe it has inspired me to be a little better in my own journalling! Or not...

I am just trying to keep my head above water with Connor (one month old tomorrow!) and Bethany so it may be a little while before I do something more.

Love ya!
Anissa

Beckie said...

Anissa! I did not know you had another baby! Congratulations, wow, stuff just keeps on going with out me. Thats the way it should be I know, but it sure makes me miss everyone!

Kerri I love you blog. Keep it comin' I love the updates!

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones